Meet the Team
Your Eagle County Dental Team
Welcome to our dental family! Your team at Vail Valley Dental Care is committed to building relationships based on trust and genuine care. We want you and your family to love visiting our Avon, CO dental office, so you can enjoy a lifetime of healthy, beautiful smiles.
We proudly serve Avon, Minturn, Vail, Leadville, Edwards, Eagle, Gypsum, Summit County, Breckenridge, and nearby communities in Colorado. Patients rely on us for comprehensive and compassionate family dentistry. No need to drive around town from one office to another for dental treatments – Vail Valley Dental Care offers a wide range of services that will help you save time, energy, and costs. As a testament to our standard of excellence, we are one of the few Invisalign Preferred Providers in the area.
Our practice is known for our personal touch and patient-centered approach. We use the latest dental technology, continuing education, and superior dental care to create excellent treatment results and patient experiences.
Our caring staff of expert health care providers love meeting and getting to know new families. We are dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones healthy and looking great. For all of us here at Vail Valley Dental Care, there is no greater feeling than seeing an Avon family out enjoying their community with beautiful smiles on their faces and knowing we helped put them there.
Karah was raised in rural northwest Kansas – St. Francis, to be exact. She completed both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Fort Hays State University in Hays, Kansas before moving to Wyoming to begin her career in the mental health field. After marrying David (Dr. Maloley), Karah continued to work as a civil servant overseas. In 2007, she cofounded and served as Chief Knowledge Officer of EQmentor, a professional development company. She completed her Doctorate of Management in 2009.
Karah is a consultant with Vail Leadership Institute. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, cycling, watching movies, and playing with their boxer, Brux. She also keeps up with Nebraska football and Kansas basketball. Being Bennett’s mommy brings Karah great joy!
- Favorite Music: Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, The Fray, and Dave Matthews Band
- Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Scrubs, Modern Family, Shark Tank
- Favorite Movies: Meet the Parents, The Wizard of Oz, The Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite Books: Eat, Pray, Love; A New Earth: Awakening Your Life’s Purpose; The Notebook
Sarah was born and raised in West Bend, Wisconsin. Her passion for dentistry began during a high school mentorship program. She pursued a degree as a Registered Dental Hygienist and graduated in 2003. Her passion for dentistry and giving patients unparalleled care has continued to grow. Sarah and her husband, Kyle, relocated to the Vail Valley in 2006. Sarah enjoys spending time with her family and friends, being outdoors as much as possible, and interior design. In the future, Sarah would like to travel to Italy.
- Favorite Music: Michael Franti, Lorde, and anything to dance to!!
- Favorite TV Shows: My guilty pleasure is reality tv.
- Favorite Movies: Pitch Perfect, The Goonies, Sliding Doors.
- Favorite Books: I love to read and try to solve mysteries
Carlie is a true cornfed girl, born and raised in southern Iowa. After earning her bachelor’s degree from the University of Northern Iowa and meeting her husband abroad, they spent 10 years in New England before recently relocating to the Vail Valley.
Relocating was a dream come true for Carlie as she has wanted to live in Colorado since high school! In her free time, Carlie enjoys hiking with her dog, jogging, skiing, cooking, being with friends, and spending as much time as possible traveling. She also love’s photography and is always looking for an excuse to have a dance party.
- Favorite Music: Anything I can dance too… No seriously and I am a sucker for classic rock in the car and country in the boat.
- Favorite TV Shows: Walking Dead, Nat Geo and HGTV
- Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings, Bourne Series, Legends of the Fall, Aspen Extreme, How to Train your Dragon.
- Favorite Books: Eat, Pray, Love. The Shack.
Katie was raised in the farmlands of central Illinois in a small town called Cuba. In 2007, she graduated from hygiene school in nearby Galesburg, IL. After taking a couple ski trips and a motorcycle trip to Colorado, Katie took a chance and moved to Denver in 2011. After two years of enjoying the excitement of the city, she moved to Vail Valley to try mountain living and has enjoyed every minute of being here. Katie enjoys cooking, live music, snowboarding, stand-up paddle boarding, camping, and hiking with her dog, Oskar Blues.
- Favorite Music: Sylvan Esso, Wild Belle, Boombox, Lucero, Ryan Bingham
- Favorite TV Shows: Bob's Burgers, Drunk History, Modern Family, Broad City
- Favorite Movies: A Love Song for Bobby Long, Scary Movies
- Favorite Books: Going to Pieces without Falling Apart by Mark Epstein, MD; Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung by Ajahn Brahm
Rhyan attended Michigan State University before moving to Alaska to work in hospitality. She then traveled to Texas and finally ended up working in property management in Avon, Colorado, in 2008. She met her husband here, and they have a beautiful daughter named Presley. When she is not busy helping our patients have a fantastic experience, she enjoys traveling, being outdoors, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Favorite Music: Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, and Van Morrison
- Favorite TV Shows: NCIS, Say Yes to the Dress, and Modern Family
- Favorite Movies: Legends of the Fall, Elizabethtown, and The Princess Bride
- Favorite Books: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis), The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald), and The Giving Tree (Shel Silverstein)